Sunday 16 February 2014

Coconut Oil | Beauty Uses

Hello sweeties,



 I am guilty of being afraid to try anything new when it comes to skin care and beauty. A good reason for that is that I am afraid of breakouts and prefer to stick to my 'safe' old products. However I've heard so many amazing things about coconut oil and so many different uses that I wanted to give it a try. My thoughts? That product is a magic in a jar! At first is more of a thick/creamy consistency but it instantly turns into an oil when you rub it in your hands!



After using it for a while, here are all the uses I am using Coconut Oil for:

Makeup remover:
 I was too afraid to try this as my skin is normal to oily and if it doesn't like something, then I'll have a huge breakout.  However it works perfectly and I didn't have any problems! Place a small amount on a cotton pad and rub it on your face in circular motions. Make sure you rinse your face with warm water afterwards.

Eye makeup remover:
 I've heard people using it as an eye-makeup remover. I've tried it and I am amazed each time! it takes off my eye makeup so easily, your eyes feel so moisturised and it even helps to make your lashes stronger! I am just gently rubbing a tiny amount of coconut oil on my eyes and lashes and then wiping it away with a cotton pad. You can either leave it on or just rinse off with warm water, I prefer to rinse it off just to get rid of the excess oil.

Shaving cream:
 Is there a better combination than shaving cream and moisturiser combined together? Rub a small amount on your legs and shave as usual, your skin will be so soft afterwards.

Lip balm:
 Your lips are so soft afterwards, I'll give it that but for me it doesn't work. Your lips are so oily it's annoying.

Flyaways/Frizz tamer:
 Just rub a tiny amount in your hands and just add it to the places you want to smooth your flyaways.

Smooth out your ends:
 We all have that post-wash day when our ends look a little out of control. Just rub a tiny amount in your hands and massage it into your ends. Style as usual.

 Hair mask:
 You can do this in two different ways. Warm a little amount of oil, you don't want it to be too hot though, and just massage it into your hair focusing on the ends (I also massage it into the scalp as it helps your scalp as well, it also helps to get rid of dandruff). If you have oily hair try to avoid the roots. Just take your time and spread it evenly into your hair. Then take your hair into a bun and wait for at least one hour. Then wash your hair with shampoo, for an extra soft finish just use your conditioner as well! I didn't have any problems rinsing it off, it rinsed off easier than I thought. *You can do the same process but instead of warming your oil up, just rub it into your hands and then massage it into your hair. You wouldn't believe how soft and silky my hair was afterwards and have I mentioned how amazing the coconut oil smells?

Overnight hair treatment:
 Just do the same process as if you were doing a hair mask but leave it in your hair overnight. Rub your hair in a tower to avoid any mess. Wash your hair the next day as usual and then style it, for that shiny and silky finish.

Body moisturiser:
 This works perfectly for the dry places on your skin (elbows, knees). Just rub a small amount of the oil into your hands and massage it into your skin. I've heard people using it as a body moisturiser in general but I find it a little too oily for me.

Facial moisturiser:
 As I mentioned before I have normal to oily skin and therefore this is not the best one for me. However if you have dry or normal skin, rub a tiny amount in your hands and apply a light layer on your face, massage it and your skin will feel so moisturised after this.

Body/Foot Scrub:
 I am obsessed with this. The results are amazing and it's super easy and super inexpensive as well. Plus your skin feels so soft, smooth and moisturised afterwards. In a small glass container add two (2) tablespoons of brown sugar and two (2) tablespoons of coconut oil. Mix well until they are fully incorporated and your scrub is ready. You can keep the remaining product in your fridge for future uses, just make sure you use it just for a couple of weeks after you made it.

Face Scrub:
 The process is exactly the same as with the body scrub. The results are amazing and I didn't have any problem with it. My skin was so soft and clean afterwards and without any breakouts.


Sorry for the very long post but I hope you will find it helpful!
Do you use coconut oil as one of your beauty products? Do you have any other 
recommendations on how to use it?

Thanks for reading:)
xxxx






29 comments:

  1. werry nice :)

    http://silvabook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love coconut oil, its a versatile product.
    Effortlesslady.blogspot. ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome... Some made a mix of coconut oil with brown sugar and gave me some of it in a jar so I could use it during my bath time. It made my skin feel so soft. Loved it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi darling, this is such a brilliant and helpful post. I sometimes use coconut oil as a hair moisturizer but didnt know about the other uses. Have a great and productive week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review !
    I think I should try it :) btw I love the smell of coconut !

    www.thefashionpanda.be
    www.thefashionpanda.be

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like I'm going to be needing a jar of this stuff!

    thesarcasticwasian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE coconut oil!! I use/eat it all the time. I use it in all the ways you mentioned, except I'd never thought to use it as makeup remover. I'm going to have to try it now, thanks for the idea! Adding to the list, eating it is good for your beauty too because it has omega 3 and 6, which can strengthen skin and hair. It's so good in a smoothie or to cook stir frys with. YAY for coconut oil, haha!

    Great post! Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it, it removes all of the makeup easily and your skin is so soft afterwards.x I had no idea that coconut oil is so beneficial as a cooking ingredient and that it could be used in smoothies as well! Will definitely be trying it out. Thank you so much for sharing dear.x
      xxxx

      Delete
  8. I'm glad you did this post and no, it's not too long, at least for us who read always ;) I still haven't tried coconut oil but it's definitely on my list! :)
    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much dear for your lovely comment and I am so glad you like my posts.x I always look forward to your comments:) You should definitely give it a try, you will not be disappointed!
      xxxx

      Delete
  9. I absolutely love it! I do hair masks with it and it makes my hair feel so much softer and gets rid of split ends, it's really good. Thank you for your tips, it was definitely useful, didn't know you could use it as a make up remover, definitely going to give it a try xxx

    New post on:
    www.tuttifruttibyam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing.....it looks so great.....so many good effects.........very much kisses my favorite :-)! :* :*
    http://styleinthessbiky.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice blogg..:)

    darling follow you!!!

    pls follow me:33

    www.beautyandfashion-makeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love coconut oil. I use it for practically anything and its the best skin moisturiser that I have ever used
    http://myfashioncabin.blogspot.com/2014/02/3-ways-to-wear-ruffled-blouse.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. great post!:) I only use coconut oil in cooking, but now I'm excited to try it as a hair mask!♥

    www.Lorietta.cz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried using coconut oil in cooking but I will definitely give it a try.x Thank you so much for sharing it! You should definitely try it, it's one of the best hair masks I've ever tried:)
      xxxx

      Delete
  14. looks and sounds wonderful!
    happy new week!

    http://www.getcarriedaway.net/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always prefer natural products for my skin and hair! Great post, helpful tips! XO

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is very useful information. By all means I will try coconut oil.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Coconut oil is amazing and I use it daily.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post Stephanie! Thank you for the advice... I need to get some coconut oil now ;)

    http://helentsokana.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love coconut oil :) since I live in a tropical country and we have lots of these I take full advantage of its benefits and uses <3
    http://www.pinkoolaid.com/


















    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for sharing this article honey. keep in touch. xo

    http://fleuryina.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love Coconut oil!!!

    Stay in touch with me on BLOGLOVIN

    Love,
    FASHIONHYPNOTISED

    ReplyDelete
  22. This look very good :)
    Have a nice day xx
    fashion-madam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Coconut oil is amazing!

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love coconut oil, I use it too especially on my hair!
    Love your blog.
    xo Mlle Sey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you all for your lovely comments:)xx
Make sure to leave your blog link, so I can check it out!x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...